Formed in 1927 by Ralph Hoensheid, Commercial Steel Treating Corporation made its name by supplying quality heat treating on items such as reamers, dies, punches and other various high speed and tool steels. The success of the operation and the emerging automotive industry provided growth into a total of three facilities, all located in the metropolitan Detroit area.
In 1963, Merle Hoensheid (Ralph's son) recognized the automotive demand for fastener and small stampings to be finished utilizing dip/spin technologies for the application of organic and inorganic coatings versus traditional plating and formed Curtis Metal Finishing Company. The plants supply Phosphating, electrodeposition and dip-spin paint systems.
Today, Commercial and Curtis have over 405,000 square feet of processing capability throughout its four (4) locations. Still led by the Hoensheid family, Commercial and Curtis continue to be a leader in the automotive industry and have achieved ISO9001:2000 registration and A2LA laboratory accreditation. Commercial has also earned the prestigious NADCAP accreditation for heat treating aerospace and military components. The same QUALITY ethic that began in 1927 is evident today throughout all the operations.
To continue to lead the Heat Treating and Metal Finishing industry with unmatched service while exceeding ALL quality standards.